The Managerial Employees Association currently has an employment opening for the position of Field Representative. Please feel free to share this information with your friends and colleagues.
Title: Field Representative
Company: NYC Managerial Employees Association
Location: 42 Broadway Street, Suite 1945, New York, NY 10004
Hours: 14 – 21 hours per week
Salary: Competitive Offer
Requirements: Under leadership of the Executive Director with policy direction from the MEA President, visits field locations to recruit new members, interact with current MEA members and to raise the organizations’ visibility to non- members.
- The Field Representative: Recruits new members based upon collaborative and networking relationships with chapters or agency officials
- Conducts follow-up on referrals and potential candidates for membership
- Assists the Executive Director and Officers with developing and implementing chapter by chapter recruitment plans
- Travels to chapter locations in order to market and promote MEA services, conduct workshops, or resolve members’ concerns regarding benefits issues.
- Utilizes creativity and initiative to recruit new members by individual and group contact and follow up
- Attends and participates in educational seminars, special events, committee and board meetings as needed.
- Prepares and maintains activity reports for Executive Board review and discussion
This individual will be expected to work from the field, and will be given a cell phone allowance, in order to complete required tasks.
BA/BS Degree or equivalent education and experience
Experience and skills
A minimum of two years as a field representative for an advocacy or labor organization, or as a board member, or the equivalent
Strong skills as a team player
Ability to multi-task and meet prescribed schedules and deadlines
Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and Power Point)
Strong knowledge regarding Management Benefit Fund and City employee benefits
Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
Resumes with cover letter may be e-mailed to Linda Barnes, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, by close of business January 31, 2013.