Dear MEA Members:
The NYC Managerial Employees Association (MEA) is proud to announce its 19th Annual Scholarship Program for 2016, opened to all MEA members in good standing. This program is offered to currently employed members who are enrolled in an accredited Undergraduate or Graduate Program or enrolled in a Certificate Program which is not funded by his/her New York City agency or by DCAS.
The Scholarship Program has been enhanced and is offered as follows:
- To each child/dependent of a parent/guardian of an MEA member in good standing.
- A MEA member will be able to receive a Scholarship twice within a five-year period.
- Scholarship applications will be active for three years for members and their dependents. Applicants who are not awarded scholarship may re-apply within the same year, up to three years after.
- MEA members who participate in the Volunteer Corps Program will receive five additional points towards the approval of their application. The Volunteer Corps Program is comprised of a diverse group of members who are providing their expertise for the benefit of others. In order to participate in the program, you will need to enroll and complete the required application. You may obtain this information by contacting the MEA office at (212) 964-0035.
- A dependent will also receive the five points, if the member is enrolled in the Volunteer Corps Program. Dependents must score 60-64 points, in order to receive the five additional points.
- Successful completion of a Volunteer Corp Program could have a positive impact upon your dependent’s eligibility for a scholarship award.
Please note that under our new open enrollment policy, currently employed members may submit their applications AT ANY TIME.
All applicants must carefully follow the instructions and submit the required documentation as outlined. Please be sure to return your application(s) for your dependent, by the deadline date of June 30, 2016, in order to be considered for an award.
Scholarship award winners will be notified by the end of August 2016 in accordance with the rules applicable in the new program year. We urge you to apply for the program that applies to you.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the MEA office at (212) 964-0035.
Joel Fishelson, Chair
Cc: S. Eber-President L. Barnes-Executive Director M. Centeno-CO-Chairperson
To download the NYCMEA Annual Scholarship Program Application click HERE