Please share this information below with potential candidates:
Title: Membership Coordinator
Location: 42 Broadway, Suite 1945
New York, NY 10004
Company: NYC Managerial Employees Association
Hours: Standard business hours of 9am-5pm
The NYC Managerial Employees Association (NYC MEA) is seeking a Membership Coordinator. The NYC MEA is a voluntary association established since 1968. For more than 48 years, our organization has successfully provided advocacy services for managerial and original jurisdiction employees in all city agencies, throughout the five boroughs of New York. We have been instrumental in procuring managerial raises, additional health benefits and enhanced professional opportunities.
Working under the direction of the Executive Director, this full-time person must be experienced in handling a wide range of support- related responsibilities. The ideal candidate must have multi-tasking capabilities, be extremely well organized, interact well with internal, as well as external stakeholders. The selected candidate must be able to demonstrate a level of expertise utilizing written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
Experience and Skills
- At least three or more years’ experience functioning within a customer/consumer related environment.
- Ability to input and analyze data accurately
- Utilize effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills to respond to members’ concerns.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Ability to use Quick Books is a plus.
- Strong skills as a team player
- Ability to multi-task and meet prescribed deadlines
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- May assist with or perform related bookkeeping functions such as the coordination of financial records, invoice and vendor payments,
- Compile data, prepare reports, letters or other correspondence
- Monitor and assist with maintenance of the organization’s website
- Coordinates activities required for projects and events
Resumes with cover letter may be e-mailed, by close of business February 3, 2017 to: Linda Barnes, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.