NEW YORK CITY MANAGERIAL EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION
EMPLOYMENT POSTING – EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
The New York City Managerial Employees Association (NYC MEA) is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to help cultivate the continued growth of the organization.
The NYC MEA is a non-profit professional organization with a 42-year history of providing advocacy services for career managers employed by the City of New York. The selected candidate will enjoy the benefit of working in an environment of friendly and cooperative personnel.
Under the direct leadership and supervision of the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant will perform job tasks in the areas noted. The Executive Assistant will be required to provide direct support to the President, as well as elected officers responsible for organizational finances, member recruitment and retention, and publicity and public relations activities.
- Prepares, as well as types correspondence, statistical reports, and surveys
- Supervision of clerical staff
- Coordinates activities required for projects and events
- Assists elected officials with development and maintenance of financial activities including preparation of monthly reports and banking processes; development of marketing materials, research, and communication tools
- Organize activities required for managing the MEA office
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent education and experience level required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Quicken/QuickBooks is a requirement for employment
- Knowledge of data base functions and maintenance is a plus
- Bookkeeping skills is a plus
Experience and Skills
- Qualified candidates must have at least two to five years experience in staff supervision, as well as functioning within an administrative capacity
- Strong skills as a team player
- Ability to multi-task and meet prescribed deadlines
Interested applicants should send their resumes to:
Linda Barnes, Executive Director
NYC Managerial Employees Association
50 Broad Street, Suite 1101
New York, NY 10004
Or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All resumes must be received not later than March 15, 2010.