Title: Executive Assistant Company: NYC Managerial Employees Association
Location: 50 Broad Street, Suite 110, New York, NY 10004 Hours: 9 a.m. – 5p.m.
Salary: Competitive Offer
The NYC Managerial Employees Association (NYC MEA) is seeking an Executive Assistant. The NYC MEA is a voluntary association established since 1968. For more than 40 years, our organization has successfully provided advocacy services for managerial and original jurisdiction employees in all city agencies, throughout the five boroughs of New York. We have been instrumental in procuring managerial raises, additional health benefits and enhanced professional opportunities.
Working under the direction of the Executive Director, this full-time person must be experienced in handling a wide range of executive support related responsibilities. The ideal candidate must have multi-tasking capabilities, be extremely well organized, able to supervise staff, interact well with and provide support as needed to executive board members and elected organizational officials. Must be able to demonstrate a level of expertise in written, verbal communication skills, professionalism, and the ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
• At least 3-5+ years experience in staff supervision and general office management
• Strong knowledge of bookkeeping principles and calendar coordination
• Excellent communication, writing skills and problem-solving skills required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Quicken and Quick Books
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
• Strong skills as a team player
• Ability to multi-task and meet prescribed deadlines
• Knowledge of facilities management is a plus
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Day-to-day management and supervision of administrative staff and all office services, tasks, processes and procedures such as records management and correspondence coordination
• May assist with or perform related bookkeeping functions such as the coordination of financial records, payroll preparation, bank reconciliation, invoice and vendor payments, budget preparation or other banking processes
• Compile data, prepare reports, letters or other correspondence
• Prepare agendas and coordinate activities for committees, Executive Board or other meetings
• Monitor and assist with maintenance of the organization’s website
• Coordinates activities required for projects and events
Resumes with cover letter may be e-mailed, by close of business August 5, 2010 to: Linda Barnes, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org