Unclaimed Funds

There is a chance that you have money waiting for you to rightfully claim. The Office of the New York State Comptroller, New Jersey Treasury, and Connecticut office of the Treasurer have resources to help you acquire that money. 

In the event that you forgot to cash a check made out to you from a company, such as you an insurance provider, the organization files with the state and transfers the funds to the state of origin. 

If this has happened to you, then your next step is to go to the corresponding website for your state of residence.  You will be asked a few basic questions for the purpose of identification and confirmation of your identity, such as your name, social security number, and birthday.  The state website will advise if you have any unclaimed funds to claim.

Use the links below to see if you have any unclaimed property.

Connecticut: https://ctbiglist.com/

New Jersey: https://unclaimedfunds.nj.gov/app/claim-search

New York: https://www.osc.state.ny.us/unclaimed-funds