About NYC MEA. We are a professional association providing advocacy services for NYC managerial employees. For more than 50 years, the MEA has advocated on the rights of its members who are not eligible for collective bargaining under state and/or local law. Our members extend to every city agency and municipality within the five boroughs of New York City.
NYC MEA is looking for an experienced office manager to join our team. This role requires superior attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, strong organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple critical requests. This role requires a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with sensitive information, as is a good sense of humor. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with minimal guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action appropriately.
• Support the Executive Director to ensure organization goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently
• Field inquiries and provide customer service for internal and external clients
• Maintenance of all records for annual audit
• Process invoices and contracts with Bookkeeper
• Organize communications and plan events, both internally and offsite
• Assist in preparation of materials, progress reports, and other special projects
• Coordinate schedules and calendar management with various NYC agencies
• Collect, distribute, and track incoming and outgoing office mail
• Performs related duties & responsibilities as assigned/requested
• Minimum three years of applicable administrative experience
• Strong technical competency in Microsoft Suite
• Knowledge in Salesforce, Google Analytics, Quickbooks, and WordPress
Apply with an introduction of why you are the ideal candidate for the role, along with your resume. Applications will be accepted until role is filled. Email your application packet to info @ nycmea.org.