Below is a communication sent on behalf of Barbara Dannenberg, Deputy Commissioner for Human Capital at the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS):
Due to the ongoing precautions regarding COVID-19, the following modifications have been made to Exam related business:
Effective Tuesday, March 31, 2020:
- The April 2020 application period that was set to begin on Wednesday, April 1, 2020 has been postponed and is now expected to begin on Wednesday, April 15, 2020. We will continue to monitor COVID-19 to determine any further updates until we are able to return to the office.
- The exams for Administrative Manager (OC/Pro), Exam Nos. 0173 and 0570, and Captain (Fire), Exam No. 0594 are postponed indefinitely.
- The Qualified Incumbent Exams for Administrative Benefits Manager, Exam No. 0400 and Real Property Assistant, Exam No. 0410 are postponed indefinitely.
The complete list of postponed or cancelled exams is attached. April – Full Monthly Exam Application – 4.1.2020 – Revised V3
In addition, the Bureau of Examinations is not currently open for business at our offices at 1 Centre Street nor the any of the Computer-based Testing & Applications Centers (CTACs).
All customer service inquiries should be sent to the following emails:
- Exam Application-related matters
- Certification and eligible list-related matters
- Appeal-related matters
Exam development activities, which include subject matter experts participating for job analyses, are expected to continue where feasible by virtual means. However, we understand the safety concerns and precautions being taken citywide that may limit staffing and resources.
Wishing all of you and your families continued health.