Attention, MEA members: it’s Chapter Election Season!
Over the upcoming months, MEA members will have the opportunity to participate in their chapter election. There are three leadership positions: Chapter Director, Assistant Chapter Director, and Recording Secretary. This is a great chance to have your voice heard. Chapter leaders are your liaison on the MEA Executive board – they present your needs and concerns, and help to ensure that you get the most out of your MEA membership.
- Chapter Director: preside over regular and special meetings, shall appoint committees, and the MEA Executive Board representative.
- Assistant Chapter Director: serve in absence of Chapter Director.
- Recording Secretary: provide written communication and minutes from chapter meetings.
- Attend monthly MEA Executive Board meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Meetings are held via Zoom at 6pm (1 – 1.5 hours).
- Share info from the MEA Executive Board meeting to your chapter.
- Update the MEA Executive Board with chapter concerns, promotions/announcements, etc.
- Host chapter meetings (at least 1 per year).
- Recruit new members.
Interested in running for an position in your chapter? Be sure to reach out to us at info [@] nycmea.org for more information. You must be a current member in good standing to be eligible.